Hey there! Happy Friday. We made it through another week. I feel I can say that now that I am back to working a day job. So far, things at work are good. Mostly just learning a bunch and everyday is different at the moment which I kind of like. I am looking forward to the weekend, getting in some yoga, meal planning and weight lifting.
Back to Friday Favorites again. I have a few things from the week I am loving.
- Sushi dates and lunch date with Brian – OK I don’t really eat sushi, I eat avocado rolls and miso soup. I liked going out for dinner and having a bit of socializing Monday night, followed by a cookie from Insomnia Cookies and a walk through the mall. Then Wednesday Brian met me for lunch. Though I had my lunch made and ready to go, he had the day off and we ate at a local place near my office. It was a beautiful day for the 5 min walk to the restaurant and I had a pretty good chicken burger and sweet potato fries. It was also nice to catch up Brian on what I have been up to at the office and aerial yoga fun that I am loving.
- Mrs Meyers lavender cleaner – One of the great things about moving out of your parent’s house is choosing your own cleaners (OK maybe that’s just me since my mom is sensitive to smells). Anyway I enjoyed using this cleaner to wipe down my yoga mat and also clean the bathroom the other night. When you live with two guys…it’s necessary to have a little fresh scent
- My new co workers – As Brian predicted, I think I am happier now that I have a job. Not only will I get a paycheck again but my co workers are all awesome. I love our lunches, chats in the office and learning the new things. So far I am just learning what each person’s role is in the department and assisting with spreadsheets, reports and whatever else I can help out with.
- Lentils – so I never cooked lentils before until last weekend. I guess I was missing out. I added cumin, cilantro and onion to them for a Mexican flavor and enjoyed them on the side of sausage and salsa (and sometimes avocado) for dinner this week
- Signing up for Yin Yoga Teacher Training – I am so excited that I found a weekend Yin Yoga teacher training nearby, happening in July and August. It is Friday evening and Saturday afternoon for 4 weekends and a total of 30 hours which count for my continuing education credits. I am excited to be keeping busy and learn more about yin yoga as I really love taking yin classes and relaxing deep into poses.
What’s on your weekend agenda?
Sharing is Caring: