I’m calling myself a “traveler” after 5 weeks of traveling, I hope that counts. Anyway I had a few random thoughts.
- Confession, I don’t have much of a yoga routine. OK I didn’t at home either but I was teaching the last year and that kept me more on my toes. When in the campervan, we were in a different place everyday, didn’t even know how long we would be driving as we planned it as we went. Then it was a bit chilly and rainy every other day so the ground was wet or it was gravel, which is really uncomfortable to practice on by the way. I have felt the difference and know I need to get back to doing a bit of yoga here and there so trying to do what I can.
- I probably could have packed half the amount of underwear I brought, though the longest we went without doing laundry was 10 days and it was handy to have many pairs.
- After washing my hair with only conditioner for almost a week, my hair was less frizzy, more curly and a bit more oily feeling. I was happy when I finally got to use shampoo at our Airbnb place Saturday.
- To add on to the last point, it’s not like shampoo has been totally unavailable. We have been to stores, I just don’t feel like spending the money and conditioner is more important to me because my hair tangles…
- Not having a routine is hard, but I keep up with my routine to make breakfast in the morning right away and then washing the dishes and cooking dinner.
- When I had fast internet when we first stopped in Christchurch 2 weeks ago, I started the show One Day at a Time on Netflix and love it. I was able to watch 4 more episodes yesterday and enjoyed some down time/internet time.
- I got a new camera for my trip and it is fun to have something to learn since I am not working at the moment, so I am learning about the manual settings on the camera and having fun playing with the settings and taking the same photos multiple times.
- I’m currently sitting in the airport as I write this, on my way to Melbourne. I am thinking I should do some stretching or yoga before our flight since I have a nice surface (see #1). (edited to add: time flew by and I still didn’t stretch…oops)
Thank Amanda for the link up.
I might continue this as a series throughout the remainder of my trip so I called it #1. Hope you enjoyed the random thoughts. Check out my travel guides of New Zealand from earlier this week as well.
Sharing is Caring: