Happy Thursday!! I woke up yesterday thinking it was Thursday only to be disappointed it was Wednesday but oh well. At least today is finally Thursday. Now lets jump right into some thinking out loud with Amanda because I have a lot to share. I will warn you, it’s a bit longer than usual.
1. I thought I would be refreshed and ready to work yesterday after taking a day out of the office. However it decided to be dark and rain most of the day. I don’t think I ever saw the sun yesterday and it was just depressing and work seemed long. This is why I could never live in Washington state. I hear it rains ALL the time and there isn’t much sun most of the year. Plus I don’t drink coffee, so I don’t think I would fit in well haha.
2. The highlight of my day though was going out for lunch with the credit manager. It was mostly a work lunch as we talked about things happening at the office, but still nice to get out and chat.
3. After work I went to my new dentist office. I have had the same dentist for all my life, so it’s a huge change for me. I have always been good at brushing my teeth. Flossing…well I try to do that a few times a week. However, I have always been blessed with great teeth. I think I get that from my mom even if I don’t brush my teeth 5 times a day like her. Anyway, I scheduled this appointment 3 weeks ago. I don’t take a day off from work just for a dentist appointment because I need every bit of my vacation time for vacationing. Since they are not open on weekends, they stay open late on Monday and Wednesday nights and evenings fill fast so I had to wait 3 weeks and they told me they wouldn’t even do a cleaning at this visit, they would just have a meeting.
4. I got to the dentist office and quickly filled out the paperwork and then grabbed the nearest magazine reading about Prince William and Kate and their second baby on the way before they called me back. First the dentist asked questions about what toothpaste I use, do I floss, do I smoke, did I have braces (I didn’t btw, just retainers), etc. Then she recommended a full set of initial xrays since they don’t have my records there. I think I did xrays at my last appointment in March with my dentist. The only kind of xrays I have done at a dental office are the terrible tasting cardboard bite down ones and they really only show your back teeth. This dentist office was fancy with a full mouth xray. I still had to bite down on this uncomfortable wand thing and take 2 xrays on each side, but the xray pops up instantly on the computer and I was fascinated by my teeth on the screen. The dentist came back and quickly looked through the xrays and said “this will be easy.” I was thinking what does that mean, good?
5. The dentist looked at my teeth for a bit and asked if I wanted a cleaning, knowing I was due for one. Of course I said yes. She told me my teeth were pretty perfect and so she wouldn’t hurt her wrist cleaning them. I can’t imagine being a dentist and all the things they must see. She seemed so happy to see how perfect my teeth were. The dentist had a very nice assistant working with her. I am not used to having an assistant in the room, as my only dentist just worked alone, so that was also new to me. The dentist scraped off plague and such. I hated the scraping sound, but trusted she knew what she was doing. Then she brushed and the assistant was in charge of the spit sucker and then the dentist used a different wand to spray water in my mouth. It was so weird to me. I am used to rinsing my mouth myself after each side is done and I was wondering where the sink and water spout was in the room. Turned out there wasn’t one and that is how they rinse your mouth. She finished quickly though. From the time I got into the room, talking, xrays, brushing and leaving, it was only 30 minutes.
6. Post dentist, my teeth felt so clean so I didn’t want to eat but it was 6pm. I ate a banana and then headed to Whole Foods. I had tons of recycling piling up and I bring it there, plus I needed some oats. I was excited when I walked in and saw a ton of grapefruit!! EVERY store I have been to has been out of grapefruit for the last couple weeks, Wegmans, Whole Foods, Trader Joes and Giant, no grapefruit and I was sad since I usually have it with my breakfast. I definitely took advantage of the 5 for $5 deal and stocked up, just in case they run out.
7. After Whole Foods, I was finally ready to eat something and threw together a quick random meal, leftover chicken sausage, avocado and then a bowl of cereal… that works right? Luckily I had a huge lunch to keep me filled since I ate so late. That’s also why I stuck with a small dinner.
8. In other news, unrelated to yesterday, my wonderful bf bought us a vacuum and vacuumed the apartment last Thursday while I was at work. I got to see him for a total of 13 hours (8 of which we were sleeping) before he headed back to work. But I was excited to finally vacuum the apartment and the rug feels so much better now. I also tried to convince my dad he needed to buy this vacuum. When he found out the brand was Miele. He said that is what he and my mom agreed on for their next vacuum, something similar to their current vacuum that will last at least 20 years. My parents have had our vacuum since before I was born, so that’s a long time. A good $500 well spent back then and they have replaced a few parts along the way and this last year it just doesn’t always turn on and the suction seems to be lacking, so I think soon they will need a new one.
9. More news, the search for an apartment will go full speed for me once January hits. Not looking forward to looking at apartments when it is cold and snowy, but everyone has to leave by the end of March, April at the latest, as there are plans to tear the building down. I was planning to move anyway, but now, it’s like I really have to find somewhere. March will be interesting with everyone moving also…just imagine 24 apartments and 1 dumpster and move out month…Management finally got the garbage picked up from the last people that moved out 2 weeks ago and that was only 1 apartment…
10. Tomorrow is the day, the day I start yoga teacher training that will probably consume most of my life through April. I am so excited and a bit nervous, but mostly excited for this new journey and hoping to make some friends in the area. I plan to write updates on each of the weekends.
Well that was a bit of a long post. If you read all of it. Thank you so much and hope you have a great day!!
Sharing is Caring: