You guys, November is going by so quickly already. I thought I would do a little something different for this weekend recap and just put down some thoughts from the weekend.
- I don’t have much time to watch tv during the week so I finally watched this past week’s episode of This is Us on Friday night. I definitely had tears in my eyes.
- Monthly massages are heaven and my masseuse told me my shoulders actually started relaxing mid way through. Apparently my shoulders like to hunch up and tense even during a massage. I felt much more relaxed this time around too, so maybe that made a difference.
- I love my kitchen time when no one is home. I play a podcast and just get cooking. I have been making a new recipe weekly for my dinners during the week. This week’s recipe was Thai Green Chicken Curry. No joke, I saw at least 3 bloggers post a green curry recipe in the last couple weeks and I was like, ok I have to try it. Since I can control the heat, aka none for me, and make it at home, it turned out delicious. I even made my own green curry paste with Nikole’s recipe. So good as I love cilantro, garlic and ginger flavors.
- I had to pull myself back from grabbing all the peppermint items in the store for the Christmas season. I did good sticking to my list amazingly.
- Mini bagels are back in my life…I don’t think I’ve had them since I was a kid! I am trying to meet my recommended macros from my weightlifting coach and that means more carbs which means bagels are back for now. I like the mini size for a little snack with peanut butter.
- I loved the sunshine coming into the office/guest room on Saturday, but when it got dark at 5, it felt much later than that. I was productive in the morning, but in the evening, didn’t feel like doing much so I am watching Gilmore Girls again. Soon I have to dig out my Christmas movies to watch.
- I can survive on an average of 7 hours of sleep a night during the week, but I rely on the weekend to catch up and get 9-10 hours a night. I finally got those 9 hours both Friday night and Saturday night and it was great.
- I took my time in bed Sunday morning as I was so cozy. It is definitely so much harder to get up in the morning in the winter.
- I made pancakes with flour this weekend! I know that shouldn’t be a big deal but usually I make pancakes with egg, banana and protein powder and this time I just made single serve regular pancakes.
- Lunch on Sunday was also inspired by Nikole, roasted some delicata squash for the first time and it was delicious and only took 25 minutes in the oven.
One thing I love about the weather getting cooler is that it’s perfectly acceptable to run the oven for a few hours. It heats up the house a bit and I get delicious roasted veggies.
Alright, onto the week. One full week of work and then just 3 days next week and it’s Thanksgiving!!
What’s your favorite vegetable to roast?
I love roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potatos.
Sharing is Caring: