November is the month of Thanksgiving and to celebrate, I’m listing 26 things, for every day leading up to Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving day.
Thank you Amanda for having Thursday for Thinking out loud.
I am thankful for…
- my own apartment
- walks in the city for lunch (even though these won’t be as frequent in the winter, I make the most of them during warmer days)
- my amazing boyfriend, Brian, who listens to me and always helps me de-stress
- bloggers – seriously! you guys have changed my life!! I may be a silent reader most of the time, but you really do help me through tough days with positive words, provide workout ideas and new recipes (even introducing me to foods I have never tasted before)
- the opportunity I had to do my yoga teacher training at The Yoga Garden. It was an incredible experience with some great people that I will never forget. (also can I just mention that one of my teachers is the cover photo for job #10 on here (http://money.cnn.com/pf/best-jobs/)
- bananas – OK it might be weird, but I didn’t really used to like bananas and now they are my pre-workout food for morning gym times, smoothie base, sugar replacement in muffin recipes and the best of all (for me), banana ice cream, since I can’t have regular ice cream anymore, banana ice cream is my go to for nights when I want a frozen treat
- learning to listen to my body
- my ability to be independent (funny story from work one day a couple weeks ago, went over to see what my co worker was having trouble with, she wanted to unscrew her keyboard tray and maintenance had not come by to do it, so she got half the screws out and then was having issues with the rest, I crawled under the desk and worked the screw driver flipping between the phillips head and flat head and got the rest of the screws out, figuring out how it was attached. They were happy I could help. Maybe this is why Brian bought me a whole tool bag kit when I moved lol)
- my sister – my wish for a sister came true at 5.5 years old and even though with the big age gap we didn’t get along great at times, I mean I kinda thought she’d be born and automatically be my age…but obviously it doesn’t work like that and we do get along better now and can do more together when we see each other
- my parents
- Instagram yoga challenges – they keep me practicing and my followers and hosts of the challenges keep me motivated. They also introduce me to new poses sometimes.
- Adult coloring books for bringing my inner child out while also providing a way to de stress 🙂
- sunsets like these
- river views
- weightlifting and building muscles 🙂
- being able to pay for my own vacations
- my experiences abroad that have helped shaped who I am today
- OneOEight – so I can do yoga classes at home
- the train – so that I don’t have to sit in traffic
- my kindle and smartphone – to read on my commute
- nature – the scenery and trees
- all things peppermint, especially in chocolate form
- massages – getting a 3 pack was definitely a good decision for this past month
- the comfiest couch ever
- to be able to spend Thanksgiving with Brian’s family and friends and eat lots of yummy food of course 😀
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hope you are enjoying your long weekend if you have one.