I don’t think I have ever done a word of the year, but I saw a few posts about it recently. I couldn’t pin point my exact goals of the year, but Growth seems to sum it up well.
I drew this little chart after watching a bunch of Youtube videos on Bullet Journaling goals for the new year. I tried bullet journaling last year in the new year and I will say it only really lasted until May/June. I love the creative aspect behind it, but I plan so far ahead that I love my $10 daily planner more for weekly plans and to do lists. So now I’m using my bullet journal for occasional inspiration with drawing or quotes I want to write.
Anyway back to my word, Growth.
- Growth in my yoga practice (aka practicing again, even if not everyday, getting back to consistency)
- Growth in my relationship (currently Brian is home and it has been nice carving out more time with each other. Plus it’s wedding year!!)
- Growth in my weightlifting (I have my meet in April and I have some new PRs since last year, still hoping to break even more PRs)
- Growth in my mindset (aka being more present)
- Growth in self care (this goes with mindset a bit, but just taking time to de stress, getting back to monthly massages, because they really made a difference, taking more baths and doing face masks and continuing to eat well)
- Growth in my job (it has been a crazy year end, I have learned a lot and I hope I can continue to learn more and make tasks more efficient)
- Growth in friendships (if I’m honest, I feel lonely a lot of the time. Many of my friends are in different cities and states. I am excited that a few of my close friends will be coming to my wedding in May and I can’t wait for girl time. Hopefully some weekend summer trips will happen to visit friends too)
- Growth in Penn State (if I had to pick a favorite week from last year, it was the Penn State orientation week. It sounds so weird to pick that as a favorite, but I truly felt like I belonged and the first semester was amazing. This second semester there is a lot to figure out still, but I am learning and excited for my classes)
- Growth in exploring and getting outdoors (I hope this summer, we have a summer and that I get some more SUP practice at the state park and some more hiking)
Those were some of the things I came up with and I think Growth describes it best for the categories.
Do you make resolutions for the New Year or any goals?