Instead of a currently post this month, I decided to talk about a few things I am loving and some recent purchases.
- This post is amazing and puts into words some of my feelings surrounding drinking and alcohol. Personally, I don’t like the taste of alcohol and I don’t like feeling tipsy. I don’t really know what started it, but I just think of alcohol and immediately think of people who party and get drunk. The thing is my dad would drink wine with dinners frequently and I never saw an issue with that, but we also never had much variety aside from wine in the house. The other thing I have noticed from tasting different alcoholic drinks is that I am not a fan of simple syrups covering the alcohol taste. Simple syrups just made me feel shaky and not well. The only drink I have found myself to like is a mojito, but even still, it’s a rare treat when I have one. Often, I will make one at home because I can go light on the alcohol and control the sugar added. It’s not something that I NEED after a stressful day, because I don’t believe in alcohol solving problems. I’d rather spend time at the gym or taking a hot bath after a long day. So this long rant is to say, I can agree with the “sober curious”. I don’t mind trying a sip of Brian’s drinks for example, but I also don’t like to spend money on alcoholic beverages because I don’t like them. I’d rather spend the money on fancy chocolate or a cookie for dessert. These are my own thoughts of course, but just wanted to share the post as I loved her writing.
- My new iphone 7…OK they may be on like 10 now, but I am loving my upgrade to the 7. I use a third party phone company so I have to have my phones unlocked and pay upfront. The 7 has come down in price thanks to the release of 8 and X, so I got one on ebay and it has been great. In addition, I literally doubled my storage I have on my phone! Bring on all the photo taking and podcast downloading.
- Customized Pop Socket. I finally joined the Pop Socket club. The iphone 7 is a tad bigger than my SE I upgraded from and it felt slippery in my hands, so I decided to get a Pop Socket (with a picture of a koala I took at the Australia Zoo) and taking selfies now is way easier (because clearly we see what is important in life HA)
- Doing pull ups unassisted. I think my max is 4 in a row right now, but still it’s so much fun and amazing to see the strength I have built up.
- Cliff bar minis aka the perfect portioned size morning snack
- The sunshine in the day and evening. I love soaking up the sun on the couch as the sun comes in mid afternoon and evening.
- My new cookie jar. One of my friends couldn’t make my bridal shower last minute so I got my gift this week. She got me a personalized cookie jar and a cookie recipe book and hand mixer. I can’t wait to try out a recipe soon (but first my powerlifting meet next weekend)
- My favorite yoga studio opened back up, still no aerial yoga for the time being and the drive is a little far for my liking so I don’t know about next winter, but for spring and summer I will certainly be trying to make it to 1-2 classes a week. I went Monday and Wednesday night this week and I already feel looser. My entire body has been tight lately with not enough stretching. However, doing yoga on my own I can’t seem to dedicate an hour. I was glad to get to a studio for that time. Planning to attend the same 2 classes next week and hopefully between that and deload week, I will do well at my meet next Saturday.
I think that wraps up some recent things going on. It’s also 35 days until WEDDING DAY!! Getting excited here as I have my last dress fitting coming up.
What’s one thing you are loving lately?
Sharing is Caring: