Happy Thursday!! We are flying through this first week of May already. So on Monday it snowed and yesterday it was above 80 degrees and I got my first bit of sunburn for the season. I think the weather is a bit confused, but if we could just stay with the summer temps, I’d be fine with that. It really has been a long winter. So I just felt like doing some writing and some catch up tonight so here are some things going on lately.
- This week I have been so hungry, like all the time. I eat and eat and eat and it never seems to be enough. I have been doing less reps and trying to do heavier weights at the gym so I think I am burning more calories. I am also meeting my macros and a bit more some days. Weight is pretty steady and I am definitely building muscle. Just over a week until my first powerlifting meet which I will be sure to recap and hope to get some photos or videos of my lifts at least.
- It’s so fun having a nintendo switch. I questioned Brian wanting it, but when he is home, it’s something we can play together and when he is out of town, I can play solo Mario Kart. I have been getting many first place trophies and unlocking cool new cars and tires.
- It was so warm today (Wednesday), that I even wore a dress to work, which I never do. I mean I wore one literally once and I never wore dresses to work previously. However, today was a good dress day with the temps in the 80s and I was happy with my decision. I am just one of those people that feels weird not wearing pants to work. Anyone else? It also depends on the office temperature. In the summer they can really have the AC cranking. I still needed my sweater when sitting at my desk today. Today almost made me want to wear dresses more often, so maybe I will, though I need some more work ones. I mostly have fancy ones for events.
- I got a new cookbook in the mail that I pre ordered. I am apparently starting a cookbook collection. I got a vegan cookbook as a gift for my birthday which is awesome because I try to eat mostly dairy free. I am so excited for Elizabeth’s cookbook and getting new ideas for veggies to cook. I have followed her blog for a few years now and know she makes great recipes. I know there are so many free recipes available on the web, but there is something about having a physical book and opening it to photos and recipes that I love.
- I may have mentioned our house closing got postponed to next week and going along with the cookbooks, I can’t wait to cook in my own kitchen again!! Actually I can’t wait until I open my kitchen boxes of stuff again. Hello more storage bowls (love my Pyrex and new Pampered Chef)!! My sister also recently reminded me it has been forever since I made scones. I need to find a pastry blender or just wait until I have mine again.
- I miss my daily posting of yoga photos to Instagram. It encouraged me to get on my mat daily. One thing I am trying to do is more foam rolling and stretching while at home just sitting around. I will put on a youtube video or netflix in the background and just lay on my yoga mat. I also want to practice my arm balances again. Crow is not as steady as it was a couple years ago.
- Also the shorts in the above photo are FLEO shorts and I LOVE them!! I have been wearing them on Sundays to the gym to get used to the shorts feeling when I lift since I have to wear a sexy singlet for the powerlifting meet. I never was a person to wear short shorts to the gym, but these are super comfy. I am thinking of ordering more soon, but they do seem to run out of stock of certain patterns quickly.
- Because I can’t end on an odd number. I hope you all have a great weekend. The weather is finally looking nice here other than some thunderstorms Thursday/Friday.
Thanks for reading. Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud.
Sharing is Caring: