Here I thought September would be a better month, but this weekend I will be flying back to Chicago for my uncle’s funeral. It will be nice to see some of my family though and also maybe catch up with a friend or two in Chicago in my short visit home.
Anyway, on a happier note, I wanted to share a few recent favorites. I definitely have been treating myself a bit the last month or so. I will be cutting back as the holidays approach and just trying to save more. Sometimes you just can’t help to buy things spur of the moment and other times, it’s nice to try something new. Here are some things I have been enjoying lately.
- This massage oil smells amazing. I bought it kind of on a whim after Brian’s dad died and I was just feeling like I needed something to calm my anxiety. I had listened to Davida’s podcast episode with the founder and really liked his descriptions of the oils and how they helped him and others. When I heard about a stress relief one, I had to get it and I love it. Just a little dot in my palm and rubbing it on my neck at night or in the morning recently and inhaling that scent. So amazing.
- Breakfast cookies. It has been a good 4 years or more with oatmeal for breakfast and I am getting kinda tired of it, but don’t know what else to eat. Cereal occasionally is good, but higher in carbs than oatmeal so I don’t like to have it too much. I can’t eat eggs as sometimes they just don’t agree with me so I limit them to once a week in protein pancakes. I also have been wanting something cold instead of hot recently. Keeping these cookies in the fridge is perfect.
- Vital Proteins. I got a sample of this at Blogfest and I have to say, I am in love. I was drinking it about every other day, just half a serving (1 scoop) and my nails were looking great. Then I stopped, get stressed and went back to biting my nails. Now they don’t feel like they are growing as fast, so I’m jumping back on the Vital Proteins train and drinking a glass with breakfast. It’s great since it forces me to drink more in the morning and also works great as a bit of protein.
- Thred up. I purchased my first Thred up order this month. I was really looking for work pants and with 40% off over a recent weekend, I bought two pairs of pants for under $20 each. The thing is, neither worked out and I returned them. The purchase wasn’t totally unsuccessful though as I bought a Lululemon top and that fit! What I loved about Thred up, besides the cute packaging, was how easy it was to print off a shipping label and return. I returned for store credit so I will again hunt for pants. My biggest issue is sizing because I can be anywhere from a size 2 to a size 8. Same body…all those sizes. Any others understand this issue? Why is womens sizing so difficult? This is why I often just buy things right at the store, hope for a sale, but if there isn’t and I really need something, I will spend the money if I know I will get good use out of it and it fits. Hopefully I have better luck with my next Thred Up order and eventually understand my size with different brands.
- 100% pure eye cream. OK I’m not a make up person, but I want to learn how to do simple make up and just have it available for events. Besides that, I have noticed that my waking up early for the gym and sometimes getting only 6 hours of sleep leads to darker circles under my eyes. I have been wanting to buy the mascara from 100% pure for a while and since they also had an eye cream, I finally made the purchase. I bought the tiny tube of eye cream, but honestly I think it will last for quite some time. A little dab under my eyes in the morning and it seems to be improving. It also smells amazing. Caffeine for your eyes.
- Speaking of caffeine, I am not a coffee drinker, but I do love green tea. While traveling, I had tea with my oatmeal each morning. I learned it helped to get things moving in my digestive track. When the weather turned cold a couple weeks ago, I was in the mood for green tea again. I noticed when I drank a cup in the morning, I felt more alert at work and less yawny. Coffee is usually a bit too much caffeine for me (gets me shaky), but I think the green tea is perfect.
Those are just some of the things I wanted to talk about that I am loving right now.
Let me know in the comments what you are loving right now or have recently treated yourself to.
Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud.
Sharing is Caring: