Happy Thursday!! One more day until the weekend. YAY! This week has been seriously crazy at work. 3 lunch meetings and then it seems after all those, people need me for other meetings too…so much for getting other work done, but at least the day moves by much faster 🙂
Happy to be linking up with Ms. Spoons today.
- Shout out to my sister, Theresa, for her 20th birthday today!!
- There is only 1 week till Thanksgiving! I can’t believe it! I’m looking forward to having a 4 day weekend off from work. I’ll be heading up to spend Thanksgiving with my boyfriend’s family, without my boyfriend because he has to work, but there should be good food. I also want to make something to bring, perhaps some vegan cookies like I brought last year. They were a hit!
- With the 3 lunch meetings, my light dinners that I planned ahead have been going well. Last night I just made a smoothie for dinner using Lee’s recipe (except I was out of mint and didn’t have dates and added protein powder). I make this smoothie like once a week, might be twice this week. It’s perfect for my zumba nights for a quick but not stuffed feeling meal. Last night I just had it since I ate out for lunch and wanted some filling but light for dinner.
- I was so excited yesterday when I was running to the train after work because I felt like I could run farther and longer than before! I have been working on running since the summer little by little and have been able to make it up to 4 minutes of straight running when I barely lasted 1 minute before so that’s HUGE for me!!
- I’ve been loving the yoga challenge I am participating in this month on Instagram (follow me @ilabk) #whatsyourkarmamantra as it has encouraged me to think of a mantra each day. The one above was my mantra yesterday. It helps me stay positive and happier when I am stressed. Here is one from a couple days ago where my mantra was “Believe in Yourself” as that is what I am reminding myself each day as I work towards my goals.
- The other thing helping me get through this week is looking forward to my massage tonight after work. It has been 2 weeks since my last one and this was when she recommended I come back. This time I did NOT do a leg workout 36 hours before. I have been working out a lot though but not feeling as sore as last time and hoping she can work her magic to get even deeper and I can be even more relaxed this time around.
This seems like a good place to stop for today. I’m going to curl up with a book and peppermint tea on this wednesday evening as I write this. Have a good day everyone!
Sharing is Caring: