Is it finally Thursday?! So close to Friday. Again I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday, which is why I say finally Thursday. I still have work tomorrow so…still another day to survive, but getting closer to the weekend, Halloween and November (say what?!). With the month ending, things have been busy at work. Basically I am 4 people and lately that has been really difficult…so overtime has been happening and I don’t like overtime, but I feel the need to help out so that one person doesn’t have to stay up all night.
Linking up with Amanda today to talk about things lately…
- The downside to working late and sitting ALL day is that I’m jumping around (literally) when I am home. I know people often say they are exhausted when they get home, but I just don’t get that because I was sitting all day so as soon as I get home, I change into workout/yoga clothes, even when I’m not working out, they are comfy and I end up running around to clean up the kitchen, make my lunch for the next day and just plain ol’ run around, jump around, dance around…(good thing I am on the first floor so neighbors don’t complain of my jumping).
- There are two things I do when I plan ahead on working late:
- wear my glasses (contacts for over 12 hours means very dry eyes for me)
- pack my dinner (I think I worry the most about when I will eat dinner when I work late as I just can’t eat too late or then I can’t sleep, so by having my dinner with me, I have less to worry about. This also keeps me eating pretty clean and not overeating at a restaurant or the opposite going to bed hungry because I will if I get home too late and just can’t eat) This week I made quinoa pasta and chicken sausage which lasted for a couple meals.
- yesterday I bought some chocolate bars and made Katie’s peanut butter chocolate bars. I used almond butter though and I couldn’t get it as runny to swirl nicely, so it was more like almond butter chunks and also added some chia seeds per her recipe suggestion. I will probably bring some to work today or tomorrow, a healthier Halloween treat. Next thing to make are homemade dark chocolate almond butter cups. I just need to get the liners to have them set in.
- One thing I have been doing to try to settle down at night is read a few pages of this book. I actually won it from one of Alisha’s presentations and was so surprised. I am so happy I won though as I am loving this book.
- speaking of books, I just got an email today that this book is on its way to me!! I pre ordered like the first day in May, so it has been a long wait.
- it’s daylight savings time on Sunday and I am excited to be gaining an hour and maybe gain a bit more sunlight in the morning even though the evening will be really dark. I have been enjoying the beautiful sunrises over the river. One morning I took a walk down there, closed my eyes and just took a few deep breaths to start my day. I felt so much better. Amazing how much just breathing for a minute helps. I think I will end there with the beautiful sunrise. Wishing you all a great day. I hope you get some sunshine!
Sharing is Caring: