OK guys 4 posts in one week!! Craziness! So far I am doing well with the clean eating challenge. I feel great! Getting up at 5am yesterday was not as hard as it has been. What was hard to deal with was the fog. I got to the gym, worked out for about 40 minutes and when I went outside the fog was even thicker. In certain spots, it wasn’t as foggy but as soon as I turned into my apartment complex the road that winds around, you could only see a few feet in front of you. Normally you are seeing the river on one side and the golf course on the other, but no, barely a few feet. I was feeling grateful once I made it back and that I get to walk to the train and take the train into work. Driving in fog is not fun, especially since people don’t slow down like they should. Good example of this was when I walked to the train station and policemen were directing traffic through the tunnel under the train tracks. A pickup truck had run into the guardrail/tunnel wall yesterday morning. I am guessing this was due to the heavy fog and not seeing how close he was to the wall or something. It could be something else, but that was my guess.
Anyway what else is new besides the fog…
- I turned down a cookie yesterday!! A cookie!! This is where my weakness lies with clean eating. When they have meeting at work and leftovers, forget the sandwich leftovers, because I love my salads, but dessert plate, brownies (as long as they are without nuts) and cookies!! But nope, I am committed to this clean eating 100% and really testing myself. I am loving it! I haven’t eaten a piece of chocolate after dinner, instead I go for fruit or some nuts. I am also not mindlessly munching on everything. My co workers have a big canister of pretzels, but I am finally staying away from those. As I challenge myself, I am realizing when I have more protein filled clean eats, I honestly don’t feel starved or anything. Usually I eat the cookies because they are there and I like cookies, not because I am hungry. What I tell myself though, is that, I can make my own single serve cookie at home if I want one, but right now we are focused on clean eating.
- It’s been hot and humid here and I have no complaints. I mean other than the fog, but that cleared up by lunch time and I went for a walk. I love walking for 30 minutes before returning to my desk and eating. It is a good way to get my body moving an blood flowing again. I really don’t like sitting…sometimes I wonder why I work a desk job…maybe one day I won’t
- I think one of the best parts of yesterday was leaving work an hour early, though it was for a doctor appointment so not super exciting.
- I made an appointment with an Ear, nose, throat doc because I knew I need a specialist to figure out my ear problem. It hasn’t really been bothering me as much as last week, but before I got flying to Bermuda in a week and a half, I knew I needed to see someone, because planes + ear popping + ear already feels like it’s popped, just didn’t sound like a good combo to me.
- I arrived to my appointment 20 minutes early, paperwork was quick and then they called me in almost right away. I brought my ipad to read on but hardly got a chance. I loved that they were quick though as you never know at doctors offices. So what came out of the appointment, besides breaking my bank account (dang high deductible plan…)? Well I did a hearing test (which costs over $100 btw), and my ears are good, nothing wrong with my hearing, no ear infection, so that is good. The doctor told me I am feeling negative pressure in my right ear, from a tube (forget the name) that is holding air or something and that’s why it feels like my ear is popped all the time. Though I do know, since I work on the 32nd floor of a building, that my right ear does pop and unpop, but there is still pressure/air stuck in there I guess. So he prescribed a steroid for the next 6 days. You know the word “steroid” can be scary, like, what will that do to my body? He said “don’t worry, you won’t gain muscle or anything like that.” Oh darn…haha. I told him I was going on a plane soon and he was like “then you definitely want this” and then wants to see me in 3 weeks again…which will again probably cost an arm and a leg. Anyway I already have some muscle building, yay for 5am workouts!!
- Here’s the thing though, as I worry about money ALL the time. Really I do, since I was like 9 years old, probably before that, but even more so now as I pay for my own expenses and apartment, etc. It cost a lot of money yesterday at the doctors, but this is for my health, this is so I can feel good. The other thing is, the last time I saw an ENT was 2 years ago for a similar issue. Now I really am pretty healthy, I try my best to eat well and stay healthy and apparently when an ear infection and fever hits me and maybe a lingering cold, it costs a bit, but hopefully this is the only big bill for the year. I appreciate myself, my body and what I have these days soo much more than I used to and I am happy that I can find something positive to think about. Some days, I just look down at my legs, thankful I can walk, thankful I can attempt to run. You only have one body your whole life and you really do need to treat it right.
- Speaking of treating your body, I enjoyed a salt bath with some muscle soak that I got at Glow Retreat. Oh man that stuff is amazing! I am definitely going to have to buy more when I run out. My calves have been so sore this week, like since Monday. I don’t know if it’s from all my walking or from doing yoga a lot last weekend or what. I don’t think running on Monday when they were already sore helped…so I tried to massage them a bit in the bath and hoping that will help. I have also been doing some more foam rolling.
- How about some edible treats? Because this is what happens when you are waiting for your prescription to be filled while at CVS.
Have you ever been to an ENT?
What’s your favorite brand of nut snacks?
Sharing is Caring: