Hey guys!! We made it to Thursday! I swear this week is going by so slow compared to the rest of July. I am trying to improve my productivity in my short hours I have before and after work. Last night I did pretty well with some pool time, making dinner and brushing up on my Excel skills as well as creating a Facebook page for my blog finally. I definitely want to start working on my blog more and hopefully I will come up with a design and layout in the next few months as well to make it prettier. For now go check out my Facebook page. I will be sure to post the links to posts and more on there.
Today linking up with Amanda for some Thinking Out Loud!
1. I just finished a box of cereal in 5 days…sometimes it’s nice to switch up my breakfast routine with Honey Chex cereal.
2. work has been frustrating and annoying lately, but I did make it to the pool after work yesterday for 40 minutes. Since it was above 90 degrees for the day, the water was so warm and felt great! I really don’t want these summer nights to end. People have been complaining about the heat, but no complaints from me. I’d rather be sweating than cold.
3. I get a lot of walking each day with my commute and being in the city walking around for lunch. I am still doing weekly fitbit challenges with my cousin and sometimes I win with little effort (aka just my normal amount of steps each day) and other times he’s out running 5Ks every day or something…suddenly he is past 50K steps already this week and I am at 40K which is pretty good since today has only just started.
4. lately I have been spending 30 minutes just walking around the city as my lunch break. I eat at my desk either before or after my walk. I find when I am just walking around I pay attention more to people and places. I am trying to scope out other lunch spots as each time Brian visits, he wants a new lunch spot to eat. I now have a list of 4 places to choose from when he comes next. One place I discovered yesterday was Hip City Veg. I saw someone carrying a cup with that name and the green drink looked delicious. They have vegan and vegetarian options and while I am not either of those, sometimes it is nice to go with a vegetarian meal. Also their green smoothies look so good. I passed by the place and the line was out the door at 1:30pm. I guess it is popular.
5. The one thing keeping me going this week is knowing this is my last 5 day work week for the next two weeks. Next Friday (8 days!!) I will be off to Glow Retreat for a mini vacation (4 day weekend). I can’t wait to meet everyone and especially the hosts Katie, Kasey and Heather.
6. I am still without Wifi. I tried the router again and it didn’t work. I guess I will have to order a new one. I managed to get 3 pictures posted to Instagram the other day and then my phone didn’t want to post anything so still behind on my challenges and I really wanted to post this pretty picture from the other day.
Love Tree pose, especially when a tree is behind me!!
7. I got up shortly after 5am this morning and decided to do a couple Blogilates videos on youtube. I love her videos. I was definitely sore yesterday after I followed her calendar Monday and Tuesday morning. This morning I just did a cardio warm up and some abs. Then I did some foam rolling. Can I just say ooouch!! With all the walking I do and my attempts at running lately (I can actually run without stopping for just over 2 minutes, which is quite an accomplishment for me as I am finally learning pacing and how to breathe), my legs really need the foam rolling. I forgot how much it hurts/feels good and need to try to add that and more stretching into my days so my body isn’t so stiff.
8. speaking of my stiff body, last week my shoulder and back really started to bug me. I think a combination of things made that happen, but definitely lack of stretching and maybe from carrying some bags during the week. I took the weekend to relax it (other than zumba on Saturday but I didn’t go intense like usual) and I enjoyed a lot of yoga at home and stretching and restorative yoga. This is one of my favorites! I made a bolster out of a towel and blanket I had and relaxed for a few minutes in this pose.
That’s all I have for today. I will try to be back Monday with my weekend recap. I have plans for Saturday evening and haven’t really figured out the rest of the weekend, but hopefully some relaxing and starting a new book.
Sharing is Caring: