Hey guys! It has been a while since I have done a thinking out loud post so I thought it’d be a good time to link up with Amanda again and clear some thoughts from my mind.
1) Yesterday when I was out to lunch with co workers, I was showing them this picture that came up on my timehop from 8 years ago when my best friend graduated high school. I swear we still look pretty much the same even though 8 years have past.
2) With graduation and prom season I keep looking back at my prom photos. I still have my dress, it still fits and I still look the same, except that my hair is straightened in this pic and my friend did my make up. I still haven’t figured out where a good place to wear my dress again would be.
3) yesterday I left work early to go to the dentist, another new dentist since I moved again. They took a million x rays, first in the machine that spins around your head (I hadn’t done that since the orthodontist) and then I had to bite down on something covered in a plastic bag multiple times. Plastic doesn’t taste good. My teeth looked pretty on the x rays and the assistant said “you’ve never had a cavity in your life have you?” I answered no. The dentist came in and was very nice, started cleaning and kept raving about my perfect teeth, asked if I had braces and I didn’t. His assistant held the spit sucker (still not a fan of that, my dentist from home never used that) and was telling her “aren’t these teeth so perfect” and then he noticed a little speck, a little black speck on one of my back teeth on my left side. He finished brushing and then I rinsed where they gave me mouth wash to rinse (I don’t use mouth wash so wasn’t used to that). The assistant stuck a wand with a digital camera on it into my mouth to get a closer look at that speck. The dentist cleaned and picked at it thinking it could be a stain, but he thinks it is the start of a cavity. [I swear that assistant jinx it] He said he saw one on the opposite side too, but the assistant couldn’t get that on the camera so that must be smaller than a speck. Anyway I got really nervous and scared about that drilling process and right after all those comments on my perfect teeth and not having a cavity I found it so annoying. He said it is so small he doesn’t need to numb me, that it would feel basically like the brushing, but I still couldn’t do it. Need to come up with $150 for it also. He said I could just come back at my next 6 months and get it done so I scheduled my December appointment already. I have been so good at flossing and brushing and really good about going to the dentist every 6 months. I am sad to hear that my teeth aren’t perfect now and wonder if since I am getting older, is there more dental care that needs to be done. You can see below the micro black speck…
4) one thing I kept thinking about after the dentist and how upset I was, was this blog post I read Tuesday by Renee about how we beat ourselves up so much because we strive for perfection, but no one is really perfect. I know there could be many worse things than that little black speck. I mean I got my wisdom teeth removed and that was horrible, but it was something everyone gets done. I avoided braces so it was good to avoid that pain. I still wear retainers at night though and I think this cavity could have started because of that. I try not to eat past 8pm because I do go to bed between 9 and 10 and don’t want food stuck in my teeth when I wear retainers, but it is a possibility, and I can’t sleep well without my retainers now. I think I started to grind my teeth around the time I got them so I also wear them to protect my teeth.
5) so I tried not to let that news yesterday ruin my night. I mean it did ruin my appetite, but I made it to the gym after the dentist and ran my frustration out on the treadmill and lifted weights for a bit. Then I had to force myself to eat something and made a mint avocado smoothie that I tried the other night and was delicious. This could easily become my new dinner, might have to try adding protein powder sometime.
6) I really want some glass straws for my smoothie drinking. I ate this with a spoon, but smoothies are more fun with straws I think.
7) completely different subject now, my cousin just got the Fitbit charge HR so I invited him to the workweek hustle challenge this week. He asked me yesterday if I was walking more than normal (and this was before my treadmill run) and I said no. He couldn’t believe how many steps were my norm as he has been taking extra walks around the park to stay ahead of me. I am finally 2K steps ahead thanks to my 1 mile on the treadmill yesterday. I basically walk about 1.5 miles each morning in my commute so 3 miles daily without the lunch time walk. I hadn’t even been able to get in my lunch time walking due to the rain Monday and Tuesday but plan to get back at it today.
8) my weekends are quickly filling up for June but lots of time for relaxing, just seem to have something yoga related each weekend which is good to keep me busy. Getting back to daily practicing even if just for 5-10 minutes and love doing the Instagram challenges again!
That’s all I have. Time to get ready for work.
Have you ever had a cavity?
As you have gotten older, have you done more to take care of your teeth? I am thinking I might start using mouth wash….
Sharing is Caring: