It’s time for some Thursday Thinking Out Loud, because I have lots on my mind. Thank you Amanda for hosting this great link up!!
1. As much as I love being young (even though people think I am between 16-18 years old), sometimes I hate being under 25 years old (I’m 24 in case you didn’t know). Why? Car insurance…so I learned after moving to Philadelphia that Philadelphia is rated #1 worst drivers (good thing I take the train to work!!)…well that’s NOT cool for car insurance quotes around here. I drive 50% less than I used to and now I have to pay like $300 more a year for car insurance…makes no sense at all.
2. to add to that, I found out my new policy does not include roadside assistance!! What’s up with that when I’m paying so much money to them….Now I NEED AAA, because my history of flat tires (3 in 5 years) is a reason to have roadside assistance always!! Also because I don’t live near any family or friends I could call on…
3. speaking of my age, here’s a comparison for you, 8th grade (age 13 when photo was taken) and current selfie haha (almost 11 years between these pics, which is so hard to believe…)
looking at this, I think I have aged a bit (or rather, grown more mature), but still looking young (which I don’t mind most of the time). Also I wish my hair would actually reach that length again, but I can’t get it passed its current length it seems…
4. On another topic, Monday morning, I plug my Fitbit into my desktop computer to charge and it won’t charge. I try different USB ports and still nothing, so I turn to Google (because Google knows everything!) and learn how to clean my Fitbit and reset it, etc. Well I reset it and….YAY lights, but then a few minutes later…no lights. Then suddenly the battery was dead and it wouldn’t synch and it was time for me to go to work, but I sent a quick email to Fitbit customer service. They replied with everything I read online but I decided I would try plugging it into my old laptop to charge after work and what do you know…it suddenly lit up and was charging…sooo weird.
5. it’s almost October and that means Breast cancer awareness month. For the past 2 years I have gotten a Pink Hair for Hope. If I had to choose one thing to make donations to, it would definitely be breast cancer and other cancer awareness. Anyway I have no idea which salons participate in this in Philadelphia and I have spent a lot of time googling to figure it out and nothing. There is pinkhairforhope.org for hair salons to sign up but they really need a list of what hair salons those are, that way you could simply search by zip code and find a salon. I think they would get more people to participate if it was easier to find a location. However I found a hair salon near my bf’s family and I am passing through the area next Friday, so just scheduled an appointment and hoping I make it there in time.
Here’s a picture from last year. It usually stays in until Christmas time, which I love!
6. I think this sweet potato has been sitting on my counter for about 3 weeks now and it started sprouting and now it seems to be bigger everyday…I think that’s a sign I need to use it soon.
7. Yesterday I came home from work and I was so hungry. I made sure to eat a healthy dinner first (shredded chicken, brussel sprouts and zucchini noodles, but then I still ate cookies and cereal after. Just one of those hungry days I guess. Today I might have to stay late at the office, so I prepared my lunch and dinner for work, just in case. I don’t like being hungry at the office and having to buy food when I have food at home. Trying to save all the money I can.
8. In 8 days I get to see my bf again!! It’s been a bit over a month since we have seen each other and we’re both excited for a long weekend together.
I think that’s all I have for now. Have a great Thursday and Rosh Hashanah if you celebrate it!!
Sharing is Caring: