Hey there! Happy Thursday!! Now that I am in Europe I feel more in the present day, because living in Australia, I was basically living in the future LOL. I had some thoughts in my head today as I was walking around the streets of Paris, so I thought I would stop in with Confessions of a Traveler (I did post #1 here). Also thanks to Amanda for Thinking Out Loud.
- New Pet Peeve: people taking pictures when there are signs/pictures (like camera with an X) that say no photography right in front of them. The signs are so in front of them, they will be in their photo…
- I’ve noticed when I am in museums, I am in the present moment (even though I am usually reading about the past…how ironic) and I don’t really take a lot of pictures. I feel like a person needs to experience the museum for themselves. I don’t need to take photos of everything for them.
- On another note, one of my favorite things about traveling is taking pictures of the scenery and people. I love my new camera and playing around on manual to learn what looks good. I still have a long way to go and admit to shooting mostly on automatic, but slowly I am learning manual.
- I keep forgetting my birthday is this weekend. Actually I keep forgetting it is April. I have been traveling for over 3 months now!!
- I have been enjoying traveling, but I am ready to get back to a routine. Now I just need to find a job when I return home…
- So I was thinking, they need to invent a travel size spice cabinet. This might be really hard though with traveling between countries, but it is nice to dream…seriously all my food is getting rather plain, but I like cooking, but I can’t buy spices every 4 days in a new place.
- I love when self timer photos work!!
- I realize I never did a recap of our last destination in Australia, Port Douglas. Mostly it was a resort type place, but we stayed in an Airbnb room off of someone’s house near the beach. We walked the beach (can’t go swimming due to crocs!! And stingers!!) and enjoyed use of our host’s pool because it was HOT. I somehow went from 90 degrees and crazy humidity to 50 degrees and like no humidity in Europe…
Do you find you need routine after traveling?
Where is your favorite place to travel?Sharing is Caring: