Happy Thursday!! Almost through another week. But that means Christmas is almost here. Other than my lack of decorations, I think it has already been Christmas here with my black Friday orders arriving. Lots of treats over here and I have no complaints, but my bank account sure does especially since after all that shopping my windshield cracked last week so I need to get a new windshield for my car and my insurance doesn’t cover it…go me! Luckily my AAA finally comes in handy and I get a 10% discount and the price is only slightly higher than my deductible on my car insurance would be if I were to put in a claim. The problem with putting in a claim is your insurance goes up and since I just renewed with the company I have, they lowered my rate to a more reasonable rate this year. I have “shopped” around and everyone quotes me hundreds of dollars higher, not kidding, like hundreds! It figures that the things I need my insurance for, aka roadside assistance and a new windshield are NOT covered. Good thing I got AAA for my bad luck with tires and roadside assistance.
Well I’ve already started rambling on so let’s get to what else is happening around here with some thinking out loud.
- So I went to the dentist Tuesday. I found a new dentist after I was not pleased with my last visit. That dentist could have harmed my teeth more I found out. Sometimes I think some medical professionals just want your money for all the tiny things he mentioned. Also my inbox has never been so spammed by a dentist office, the last place I went continues to send me newsletters, telling me to get those end of year appointments in and more. I need to see if I can unsubscribed from that now that I don’t plan to go back. I may be old fashioned but I prefer the only contact with my dentist to be a post card every 6 months telling me I’m due for a cleaning. Anyway the visit went well, no mention of black spots. They loved my teeth and x rays were good and everything. They also sent me home with a toothbrush, floss and tiny bottle of mouthwash. I was so nervous going to the dentist and so glad it’s over and I am good again. Less stress and worries finally. Just have to keep up my good habits of brushing and flossing, etc.
- After Tuesday’s post, I got some of the other clothes I ordered in the mail. I made my first purchase from White Plum during Black Friday weekend, after seeing the awesome deals on Julie’s blog (check out her current giveaway too) and wanting some leggings. I also came across a super cute blouse and already wore it to work yesterday. I love the color!
- I honestly don’t know what has gotten into me lately, started browsing online Monday night and came across Ann Taylor‘s awesome sale and my favorite jeans were $11 (normally $89, though I never buy at full price with all their 40-60% off sales they have). That deal was just too good though and I threw in a sweater too. I am not an online shopping person, basically because I rarely shop as it is and knowing my size at stores is difficult. These 2 items were final sale. I knew I was taking a risk and believe me when I say I clicked check out probably 3 times before finally going through with it, but I am happy with how the items fit and trying to look more like an adult and not just wear my old t-shirts all the time. Though, truth is I pretty much live in my workout clothes (when not in work clothes) and then I have nothing nice to wear when I go places, so I am liking this and know I could wear it to work as well. I look at how much I have spent on clothes already this month and my jaw drops, but then I think of all the awesome deals I got and how few clothes I buy as is, so it’s a good thing to update my wardrobe once in a while.
- I finally checked out the Christmas Village at Love Park on Monday. It was a good day for a walk for lunch but I was disappointed they didn’t have any gingerbread cookies this year. I plan to make my own anyway.
- I am looking forward to the weekend. The temperatures are weird around here and going up into the 60s this weekend. We might even break a record. (side note: did you see that Buffalo broke a record for no measurable snow yet this year?) I plan to take full advantage and get outside to enjoy the temps though.
- I think I have all the gifts I need for other people together. I have a few boxes to drop off at the post office on Saturday and a couple cards to get out. Now all I want for Christmas is a tree!! Hoping to get one this weekend!
What are your plans this weekend?
Have you finished your Christmas shopping?