Happy Thursday!! I’m happy it is Thursday since I took tomorrow off of work, so today is more like a Friday. Man, it is going to be really hard to get back to 5 day work weeks next week after having Good Friday off, working a half day last Friday at home and then having tomorrow off. But let’s not think about that. I’m taking tomorrow off to go to NYC for the day as I kick off birthday weekend! What we are doing in NYC for the day is still TBD other than an event I am attending in the evening that I will talk about next week.
Let’s get right to Thinking out loud and what else is happening.
- Yesterday the receptionist at work got me some Cake Boss cupcakes for my birthday, red velvet and nutella. I had a nutella one last night. Let’s be real, I tried to only eat half of the cupcake, but it was so good and ate the whole thing.
- I also made Davida’s healthy cookie cake. I love how fluffy (not sure if that is a good word) the cake came out. I still love my traditional cookie cakes, especially Amanda’s which I made for myself for my birthday last year.
- Needless to say, I was a bit on a sugar high last night and had to sub a yoga class last minute, which was fine. The class was actually normally pilates and I threw in my favorite chair pose to boat pose back to chair pose for some core work, but they were just laughing. I love the reactions I get from doing certain moves like that. I actually got that idea from Rachel Brathen when she was here in Philadelphia and I love it!!
- This morning I was up at 4:45am to head to the gym. I don’t normally go on Thursday mornings, but I switched around my schedule this week as I needed Monday as a rest day after all the yoga over the weekend. I looked at the temperature according to my phone at 5am and it said 50 degrees. Wait what?!? I still grabbed my jacket and hat and really couldn’t believe that it was actually warm (yes 50 feels warm right now). Being above freezing is just a miracle as the last 2 mornings have been in the high 20s/low 30s.
- I love diffusing lavender oil in my bedroom before going to sleep, it especially helps when I teach in the evenings since I get less time to wind down, but I swear I have been having the strangest dreams lately, or I have been remembering more, but of course as I type this I can’t remember anymore, just that initial when I wake up remembering.
- Tonight I am getting a long overdue haircut and by cut I mean trim. Last year I discovered this cute salon and spa conveniently across from the train station when I moved. I would say they are kind of high end and when I called for an appointment, they asked if I wanted a master stylist…I was like, I just want my hair trimmed. I am, as usual, planning to get it blow dried straight and hoping the rain stops between the time I am walking home so it stays straight for tomorrow.
Well that’s all I have for now. Have a great day and weekend! My actual birthday is Saturday and I might pop in, otherwise, I will be back on Monday to recap some weekend highlights.
Do you prefer cake or cookies?
I am definitely a cookie person, hence the cookie cakes, however if I want cake, cupcakes are definitely a winner.