I saw Becky’s Christmas list last week and I was like, “is it that time already?” I should be totally honest though in the fact that I have a section in my phone notes of presents I am buying people and also my own list. When it comes to my own list the last few years, I really try to list things I NEED. Especially after traveling this year, I really don’t buy things unless it is something I am going to use. The problem I have found in the last few years though, is the items on my lists are often at least $100 and so sometimes people don’t want to spend that much. My suggestion to anyone who wants to get me a gift is get me a gift card for one of the stores I can buy my items at. Most of my items this year are things like clothes and shoes I need to try on and I don’t shop enough to know my size at every store.
- Lululemon wunder under leggings – I have one pair I bought myself back in 2014 and I absolutely love them. With getting back into more lifting these days, I am wearing them more and more and really could use a couple to rotate. I wish I could tell you my size except the one thing I don’t like about Lululemon is the length of their tags and I ripped it out of my current pair of pants so I need to try them on again.
- Camera lens – you know those cool blurred backgrounds you get when a professional photographer takes your photo. I learned I need a lens with a low f-stop for that and so I want this lens which I found recommended for the camera I got last Christmas
- New glasses (Target) – I tried an online service and I discovered my face is pretty narrow and therefore all the glasses sent to me were way too big for my face. I was shopping at Target the other day and found a pair of petite glasses that I liked. Paying out of pocket for frames and transition lens is going to cost me $300-400 though so yeah..not cheap. But I have had my last pair of glasses for about 4 years so it’s worth it. I also get an extra 5% off with my Target card which saves a bit.
- Gym shoes – so I need a pair of flat bottom shoes for deadlifts and training at the gym. Normally I gravitate towards running shoes (despite not being a runner). I’m not sure which shoes or brand I will choose. I need to browse a shoe store and again my size varies between 8-9 depending on the shoe. So a gift card for DSW or something would be awesome!
- Winter jacket – I’ve only been wearing my current winter jacket since like age 14. You guys, that is almost 14 years of wear…Time to find a new jacket. Previously I have gotten jackets at Macys. I am thinking about ordering a nice Columbia jacket though and if they have a decent Black Friday online sale I need another fleece too because I only have 1. Can you tell I am a minimalist?
- Work pants – So I have like 2 pairs of work pants. Also I seem to have this issue that I fall in between sizes. It’s so annoying. Also my current work pants were snug back in May, but now that I have lost 6 pounds and gained muscle, they are only staying up thanks to my hips. I didn’t have luck with ThredUp ordering pants so I need an actual store and if the pants cost $80 or something a pair, I will pay for it if they are good quality and fit. Store ideas? I will say I don’t fit Ann Taylor pants anymore (in between sizes). Maybe Banana Republic or something?
So this list is kind of a general idea of things I need. I mean the camera lens is more of a want, but I would like to dive more into photography. I can justify the needing of Lululemon by the fact that outside of work, I am usually in leggings, especially with winter coming. Also I know they are good quality so I pay the price for them.
Since I need most of these items, there is a chance I will be buying some around black Friday and if not then, maybe after Christmas sales?
What’s your favorite thing about the holiday season?
I love baking cookies, decorating a Christmas tree and taking a walk through a city like Chicago or New York and seeing how they just come alive during Christmas.