Happy Friday!! This week I finally moved so I think I will be in one place for a bit of time and just trying to sort out where my things will go and learn my way around the kitchen to get to cooking and baking soon. Between last Thursday and this Tuesday, I covered quite a few miles and spent way too many hours in the car. It was well worth it though to see a new place and then pass through Buffalo (where I went to school) to see familiar places and faces. Linking up with Heather for this Friday Favorites Buffalo edition.
- Tim Horton’s Iced Tea – I tried the summer flavors which I somehow missed back in the years I was in Buffalo, probably because I left as soon as finals were over in the beginning of May. I tried both the raspberry lemon and the mango flavors. I have to say I still prefer original unsweetened, with raspberry as second and mango last.
- Visiting with 2 of my UB friends – one kindly hosted me for the night and happens to teach Zumba on Monday nights, so I got to join her class which was super fun. The second I hadn’t seen since last summer on her due date for her baby and now her (big) guy is 9 months! How time flies!! He is such a happy baby.
- Panera Strawberry Poppyseed salad – I love this seasonal Panera salad. I went out to Panera with one of my old co workers since we had a plant in Tonawanda. I also got my birthday treat. So glad Panera allows the reward to be good for 2 months. Their cookies are so good.
- New dress – I don’t know why but I always find something I like when I am not really looking. I found this dress at JC Penny while walking the mall in Buffalo to kill time. I don’t wear dresses often but I think this is a perfect summer dress, plus it passed the yoga test. I also finally found a new black bikini bottom to go with my two new tops I purchased in Australia. Both the dress and bikini bottom were 40% off which helps to justify spending the money when I am still job searching right?!
- Podcasts – Since I now have an iphone with actual storage space, I have been able to download podcasts and they definitely help car rides go by much quicker. Within the span of 5 days, I spent 25 hours driving as I road tripped. I am in need of a massage and stretching and just moving my body now. I am thankful for podcasts though to pass the time with some story telling or just conversations I can relate to or find interesting. I will eventually do a post on the podcasts I am listening to.
That’s all I have for the week. Don’t forget this weekend is Mother’s Day (I should really be telling myself this). I’m not sure what I will be doing this weekend, but I just joined a gym in the area and I need to check out some yoga studios around so maybe that and some food prep I haven’t done in ages.
I would love to know…
What are some of your favorite podcasts right now?
Do you have any Mother’s Day traditions?